Alocasia micro trunk propagation

  • Subject: Alocasia micro trunk propagation
  • From: Brian Williams <pugturd@windstream.net>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 14:47:47 -0500

I have a large Alocasia odora that I am planning on cutting down and
propagating. This plant has 5 foot of trunk. I am looking to produce
small sucker plants off of it rather than start each eye. I had in the
past had partial luck with dicing the trunk in to small 1inch X 1 inch
squares but rot is a major factor when cutting them so small as well as
the pieces not having any main growth point.  I would like to know if
their is any technique into using a trunk to produce multiple small
plants with out much loss. What conditions and chemicals could be used
to make each small cutting produce small plants? Thanks.
Aroid-L mailing list