Re: Supervolute vernation. Finally a photo!

  • Subject: Re: Supervolute vernation. Finally a photo!
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 01:25:34 +0100

Dear Steve,

So, I suppose that the term "supervolute" refers to the vernation of a solitary leaf
and "convolute" is the same but in reference to a sequence of leaves
or a spadix within a spathe.

I modified a little the drawing sent by you by placing the next leaf and we have the same.

In my library I found a document on Monstera obliqua and there is a photo
of convolute vernation of leaves (page 5).

Marek