Re: Supervolute vernation. Finally a photo!

  • Subject: Re: Supervolute vernation. Finally a photo!
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 17:54:49 -0600

Dear Marek & Steve:

            I am looking at these images and wondering if there is any difference at all in those terms (which has always been my understanding, ie. That they are two terms that meant the same thing. I believe if you  inverted the images they would be the same. All leaves are developed from the apical meristem and so far as I know there is a continuous series of leaves being produced and the younger ones are always coming out inside the other leaves. Can someone better explain how these two differ?

Tom