Amorphophallus titanum leaf sizes

  • Subject: Amorphophallus titanum leaf sizes
  • From: "Tim Grigg" <tgrigg@EdenProject.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:29:23 -0000

Out of general interest, I'm looking into the full heights of the Titan arums leaf, mainly in cultivation.
I have got two mature fully grown leaf in the attach picture.
The one on the left is  484cm high,   420cm wide and    104cm circumstance.
And the one on the right is 322cm high,    434cm wide and     88cm circumstance.
I have already had four Titan Arum flowers grown at the Eden Project, Uk and wondering whether the leaf size, genes or size of tuber affect the height of the flowers?
Also I'm finding out is there anyone grown a large mature Titan Arum leaf in cultivation and any known leaf sizes grown in the wild.
Tim Grigg
Skilled Horticulturalist

The Eden Project. Home of the Eden Trust. Charity No. 1093070

This message may contain information from The Eden Project that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any further disclosure of this message is prohibited. Please let The Eden Project know that an error has occurred by calling or messaging the sender.

The Eden Project has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses or damaging material are present in this e-mail. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this message or attachments and suggest that you use virus checking procedures in the normal way.

Aroid-L mailing list