Re: Steve Lucas

  • Subject: Re: Steve Lucas
  • From: Geneviève Ferry <jpcferry2@wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 19:09:06 +0100

I didn 't have time to answer the last email that Steve sent me on 12 ...
I have read several times the announcement of the death and I have used the translator to be sure to understand.
Yes, that is very brutal and Steve will be greatly missed.

I imagine Lynn, Julius, Patricia and all the other friends who welcome Steve.
They have many things to talk about: new discoveries aroids, the culture of a particular plant, Etc ,....

Sincere condolences to his family
Geneviève Ferry
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2011 4:34 AM
Subject: [Aroid-l] Steve Lucas
Aroid friends-

Steve Lucas, a great member of the International Aroid Society, passed away this morning.  Many members and plant enthusiasts all over the world have known Steve, as he loves to correspond with people about plants.  He had a great passion for plants and loved to share his hobby with others.  For the last several years he has been a huge advocate for the IAS and has had great visions for seeing the society grow.  He took it upon himself to personally welcome each new member and learn about their personal interests.  He will be greatly missed by many.

Zach DuFran

A note from Steve's daughters:

The funeral will be held this Sunday, January 16, in Siloam Springs, Arkansas at the Backstrom-Pyeatte Funeral Home at 2.  The address is 1401 E. Main Siloam Springs, AR 72761.  In lieu of flowers we know our dad would appreciate donations sent to the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  He loved this place and I know that he would much rather have your gifts sent there.  Please pray for our mother Janice and brother Brad at this time.  They have a long road ahead.

Aroid-L mailing list
Aroid-L mailing list