Re: Steve Lucas

  • Subject: Re: Steve Lucas
  • From: brian lee <lbmkjm@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 10:23:07 -0800 (PST)

Dear Aroid world,

Aloha ("In the presence of the breath of life").

Steve Lucas was a good friend of mine and his death is a great personal loss.  The IAS will not easily fill his shoes.  His passion for plants and the IAS was unparalleled.  He had the time and drive to push the IAS to expand their membership base.  It always amazed me that he could grow so many plants in his small greenhouse.  His online presence was so much larger and one could imagine that the walls expanded in virtual world until an actual rainforest grew in Arkansas.  He certainly touched many enthusiasts online and his influence will be missed.  I know he is now in the rainforest of his dreams, finding species that are new to science.

Leland Miyano