Re: New aroid in western Australia?

  • Subject: Re: New aroid in western Australia?
  • From: James Waddick <jwaddick@kc.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 20:39:32 -0600

>I've seen several web hits today on this topic, all of which seem to wind
>up at the same text. The articles all call the plant an "arum lily", don't
>give a genus or other botanical information, say that it was found in the
>Kimberly region by Matthew Barrett (Perth's Kings Park & Botanic Garden)

	I thought it looked sort of Typhoium like and found this later

	and if you Google "New Typhonium Species in Northern
Australia' you'll get descriptions of T taylori, T. jonesii and T
mirabile.  There's at least 20 Typhonium species in Australia and new
ones pop up fairly regularly.

	The one you found dates back to May, 2010 if not earlier.
	Best	Jim W.
Dr. James W. Waddick
8871 NW Brostrom Rd.
Kansas City Missouri 64152-2711