Re: Amorphophallus Titanum offset?

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus Titanum offset?
  • From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:17:33 -0800 (PST)

I bought one of your titans from you on eBay Jude. The extra leaf was just feeding the same corm and eventually fell off. At one point in time, I had over 100 titans that I bought from EGF Orchids. It was like $50 for 10 of them. I waited for them to go dormant and sold the dormant corms and made a killing on them. I would start bidding at 99 cents and they would often got up to $70-$80. My best customers were from Europe but I digress. What Im getting at is out of those that had 2 leaves none of them had off sets. HOWEVER a few did end up having 2 corms growing in the same pot! The seeds in those cases grew to be twins was the explanation I was given as there was supposed to be only 1 seed per pot. My seeds were collected from a wild population in their native country. At the time I did it, It was just a money making venture so I sold them all.

I refuse to participate in the recession,
Erin Vincent Morano