Re: Non USA membership

  • Subject: Re: Non USA membership
  • From: DAVID LEEDY <djleedy@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 03:45:11 +0000 (UTC)

Greg,

I was not aware that you were not getting the annual Aroideana.  I don't disagree with your questioning the value of membership in the IAS.

I was totally out of Aroids from 1995 to about 2005, but continued paying my annual dues because (1) I wanted to show my support for Aroid scientist and their research, (2) because I have so many close friends developed since I joined the International Aroid Society in 1977, )3) because due to the efforts of IAS there are a lot more resources for learning about Aroids now, )4) because I applaud the efforts to bring in members from countries less developed than the USA (and Australia, for that matter), (4) because I want to show my support for many innovations that the IAS is presently undertaking and has undertaken, (5 - to Inline image ) etc.

Please do as you wish, I will miss you if you don't continue, but I for sure will not criticize you.

David Ledy