Re: Naming standards

> Personally I do not like Social Security numbers, I'd rather code with
> music. I'm still looking for somebody who will spent 6 months establishing a
> correspondance between our two systems and the guy who decided to use
> Chinese pictograms. It will save us at least 15 minutes a year changing our
> labels, on the base of a slow 2-label-a-minute rythm.
>
>          -----oOOo-- (_) --oOOo-----------------------
>         |                                             |
>         |              Christian  FEUILLET            |
>         |                                             |
>         | 11400 Hennessey Dr.   |    BIHOREL@cris.com |
>         | Beltsville MD 20705   |      (301) 937 9197 |
>         |                                             |
>         |   TROPICS GENEALOGY CATS FRANCE PLANTS ...  |
>         |_____________________________________________|

By your ability to update in such a short time, I take it you already
have a key element: a soft copy of a table of species with indications
of which are synonyms of which.  Where do you find one of those?  All
I could find was a table down to the genus level.

With a table to the species level, I could start coding.  (That's "coding"
as in writing software, not making up codes.  (I'd also need to clear a
path to the computer at home, but I think my wife will kill me if I don't
start cleaning up that mess ayway :).))  Such a table would also
answer my recent Philodendron questions.

Thanks,
Todd