Re: Fenestrated aroids

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Wallace Wells wrote:

> I have owned Monstera deliciosa and recently got M. pitterii. I am
> interested in other fenestrated or 'holed-leaved' aroids and would
> like comment from others who are cultivating the same. I know there
> are Philodendrons with this characteristic.

The only genera of Araceae that I'm aware about the presence of
fenestrations are: Monstera (as you already know), Dracontioides (a water
dweller from Brazil), Raphidophora, Epipremnum and maybe some Anchomanes.
I have never seen a fenestrated Philodendron and I think they don't exist
at all. Some pictorial books of horticulture (e.g. Exotica) usually show a
young Monstera deliciosa identificated as "Philodendron pertusum" and I
think it can confuse a lot of people.

Best wishes,