Proud mama (arums)

Much to my amazement and delight, arum seeds planted a year ago
September have, in fact, germinated, and are putting up their
first leaves (A. gratum, korolkowii, and orientale).  The percentages
so far are not high - roughly 15% - but they're only just peeking
up, so maybe more will show.  I'm so proud!  :-)

And now a question (to justify cluttering the airwaves with gratuitous
boasting) - has anyone on the list had experience growing the above
species outdoors, and if so, under what conditions?  Winter lows?
Snow cover?  I know they're only 1/4" high, but I like to plan ahead....

Ellen, in the frozen north of upstate NY