Re: Fenestrated aroids

Hermine, you're thinking of the Madagascar Lace Leaf Plant, Apotamogeton
(spelling?) fenestralis, which Albert Greenberg of Everglades Aquatic
Nurseries in Tampa used to sell to aquarists back in the 1950's and
1960's.  Albert contracted river blindness (or some other tropical
parasite or disease that causes blindness) while collecting aquatic plants
in Madagascar.  This is not an aroid, but I don't know what plant family
it does belong to.

Neal R. Foster, U.S. Department of Interior, USGS-Biological Resources
Division, Great Lakes Science Center, 1451 Green Road, Ann Arbor, Michigan
48105-2807;  Phone [+voicemail]: (313)994-3331-x264; FAX: (313)994-8780;
e-mail: nealfost@umich.edu