Re: Pinellia hybrid

Pinellias tripartita, tripartita `Atropurpurea', and pedatisecta
seem to be perfectly hardy here in zone 5 (I've overwintered
tripartita in containers, in hoophouses, frozen solid as a rock,
and had virtually no losses).  Haven't tried P. cordata that way
yet - too few, too pretty.  But I will...

Ellen Hornig

PS - my 1997 price list (Seneca Hill Perennials) is ready to mail.
If you'd like a (free) copy, and didn't get one last year, please
e-mail me PRIVATELY at

For the curious: only about 8" of snow here....nothing like the 8 FEET
that fell on Montague, approximately 30 miles to the northeast.  We
count our blessings...