Re: not an aroid question

Some dog here  ate the hortus so I cannot be sure of the spelling, but if
your plant has linearly sort of quilted leaves  it is a Medinilla and had
pendulous panicles of pinkish flowers. The bark is very...bark-like. I find
mine to be intolerant of cool temps, a real tropical item. But the leaves
are certainly linear/quilted. Or, I am wrong.