Re: Helping beginners

>On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Hermine Stover wrote:
>> At 02:57 PM 1/15/97 -0600, Ellen Hornig wrote:
>> >
>> >A little stainless steel gizmo for pricking out seedlings (forget the
>> >name, but it's great - could look it up)
>> >
>> The thing for picking out seedlings is called a "dibbler" or dibber in
>> Great Britain. we call it the seedling-thing.
>> Hermine
>  Now I am forced to get scientific.  I have retrieved the object in
>question, and the only information conveyed upon it in writing is that
>it's a "stainless steel NIT PICKER" and "made in Canada".  No kidding.
>If you ever see one, grab it.

Yass ... We do have _enormous_ bugs up here and they drop their nits
everywhere. We also refer to the famous Canadian "NIT PICKER" as a
"backhoe" and use them in winter to dig up the vicious ice worms.

Kidding (maybe)


Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index