A.lewallei

I've been growing Amorphophallus lewallei from seed. They seem to take a
long time to go into their first dormancy (or is it their second?). When
the petioles died back, I dug the small tubers only to find longitudinal
"shoots". These "shoots" appear to be actively growing. Not knowing what
to do, I replanted some. I just checked and they are fine, although no
change. The others I stored dry in brown paper bags. Upon checking they
have turned green and don't look as healthy as they did when I first dug
them.

Any comments, general or specific, or suggestions?

Thank you.

MJ Hatfield