New Book on Seeds and Germination

Our policy on Aroid-L is to avoid commercial advertising but we all value
the list as a means for passing useful information about new books and
other stuff of interest to Aroiders. The following advertisment for
new book showed up in my email recently from a book distributor. Given the
interest some of us have in seeds and germination I thought it appropriate
to repost it. I have no idea if germination of any Araceae is discussed. Will
supply a phone number and email address to anyone who wants to inquire
further. Email me privately please.

Baskin, C. & J. due April 1998. Seeds. Ecology, biogeography, and evolution
of dormancy and germination. Provides a working hypothesis of the ecological
and environmental conditions under which various kinds of seed dormancy have
developed, presents information on the seed germination of over 3500 species
of trees, shrubs, vines, and herbaceous species. ca 700 pp., some B&W
illustrations. hardcover. $99.95 tentative!