Re: Caladium paradoxum

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Resslar <presslar@vwc.edu>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Sunday, January 25, 1998 5:28 PM
Subject: Caladium paradoxum

>Aroiders:
>
>   Can anyone tell me who is the author of the name Caladium paradoxum?
>Does anyone know anything about it?
>
>Paul
>
>Paul M. Resslar
>Professor of Biology
>Virginia Wesleyan College
>1584 Wesleyan Drive
>Norfolk, Virginia 23502-5599
>U.S.A.
>
>Dear Paul,
C. paradoxum was discribed in 1988 by S. J. Mayo and Josef Bogner in
"Willdenowia 18".   It is from Colombia, S. America.
Let me know if you`d like a copy of the paper.
Do you or anyone out there know the origin of the name Caladium marmoratum;
it is illustrated on pg.189 of"Exotica International", Series 4, Vol.1 of
1985 (?).  It has an almost peltate leaf blade, and is from Eastern Ecuador
and grows "wet".
Sincerely,
Julius
ju-bo@msn.com