Re: Tuber vs. Corm and how about pronunciation?

Yes, I would like to see this discussion again, especially with respect to
Arisaema, from my garden's point of view.  The PhD botanist from whom I get my
Chinese and Japanese Arisaema (name withheld for obvious reasons) calls what
he sends me "bulbs".  [For that matter, he pronounces Arisaema "Air
iss(accent) i ma"  When I studied Latin in another life and a long time ago,
the "ae" was pronouced as "ee" [as in seek], which would make it "Air i
see(accent) ma".  Any opinions out there on the proper pronunciation?

In the new book "My Favorite Plant", Ken Druse says Arisaema  grow from
"tubers".  What do you think?

Zone 5b