Re: Subspecies vs. species?

Jeanne,

> [Fortunately, my disease is not fatal
>--- only incurable!]

You are so right about our 'disease'.  I remember going into a nursery
years ago and there was the most beautiful Anthurium splendidum that could
be imagined.  I had to have it...  It was not for sale.  I had the rent
money for the coming month in my pocket...  I offered.  Fortunately, for
the landlord, the offer was turned down.

If this disease were fatal...  I would have been gone a long time ago.  I
really think it is the reverse.  My neighbor and friend is approaching *90*
and has been active in plants for years and, disregarding the calendar, he
is much *younger* than I am.

I have come to the conclusion that this disease is "a good thing".

Dewey

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
THE PHILODENDRON PHREAQUE
Your Source for Tropical Araceae