Re: Subspecies vs. species?

Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query.  It is your question that gives novices like
me the courage to even ask a question.  I'm still trying to learn the rules
governing a forum discussion [and I think I've broken at least one or more.
Now that I have read more about the rules, I promise to follow them] .

I enjoyed the roundtable discussion of your subject, subspecies vs. species,
just as I am enjoying other extended and passionate discussions on this forum.
[I think, for example, of the discussion about Philodendron 'Xanadu' ---
"digging" for the answer to a question!]  What subject is more deserving of
"passionate discussion" than aroids???

I must confess that, now an incurable collector and hopefully, propagator, of
Arisaema, I am a fan of Georgia O'Keeffe, and have a huge [AS IN HUGE] print
of one of her "jack-in-the pulpit" paintings in my living room ---- acquired
long before my incurable disease of love for Arisaema.   O'Keeffe surely
understood the passion of this plant.  [Fortunately, my disease is not fatal
--- only incurable!]

Jeanne Hannah
Traverse City, Michigan
USDA Zone 5b