Re: plantdom

Dewey is absolutely right. This dis-ease is a Godsend. Without it most of us
with this 'habit' would not beable to hang onto this spinning world we live
in. It is our peace and our love. It shows us our faults and our
attributes...big time. Now it is costly and time consuming, but it is well
worth the joy that can be had both from the plants, collecting them in the
jungle, buying, stealing,and borrowing, etc. and from the search for knowledge
about them. This habit is quick to show us our spiritual status for when we
are down, the plants go down and when we are up, the plants grow and flourish.
Should all be so blessed with this dis-ease, perhaps not with its obsessive
qualities that most of us have. Perhaps if we could enjoy the plants just for
what they are and not have to have each and every beautiful speciman, we might
find plantdom a peaceful joy rather than the compulsive joy most of us do.
	I am sure many and all have their perspective about this subject. I would
suspect the time of year and the utiltiy bill for those of us in the colder
regions, might have an influence upon our perspective. Our families might have
a complementary exponent   either for or against our enjoyment of this dis-
ease. Jobs certainly may have a deleterious influence upon our appreciation of
this dis-ease of plantdom. I guess it depends where you are in life and in the
moment that gives us the clues to our addiction, for it can be an addiction.
This dis-ease has many faces. If we can learn to turn all of the faces in the
direction of joy, we have it made. Certainly there is great joy in the
comraderie of plant friends that helps alleviate the discomfort of this dis-
ease.
	Betsy