Re: purchase plant

Yes Anth. waroq. is an expensive plant, but...

The most expensive tie I ever purchased is a Ralph Lauren with Anthurium
waroqueanum all over it.  I selected it from the locked glass case in one
of our high-priced department stores, and when I got home and pulled it
out of the box, I found that the plant is hanging upside-down!

It needs no watering, and survives Pittsburgh winters unprotected, but
perhaps I would have done better to spend the money on the real thing.

 - Walter Greenwood
University of Pittsburgh