Re: "MAFFAFLA"

-----Original Message-----
From: Dewey Fisk <plantnut@macconnect.com>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Sunday, January 31, 1999 11:34 AM
Subject: "MAFFAFLA"

>I have been asked by a correspondent to track down the subject plant.  It
could be an Alocasia, Colocasia or Xanthosoma.  We only have the species
name.  Does anyone have any ideas or, better yet, does anyone have the
plant.  It is reported to be an 'elephant ear' in the true sense of the
word...  very large!

I have searched my library and have not found the name.

Thanks in advance for your imput.
Dewey

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
THE PHILODENDRON PHREAQUE
Your Source for Tropical Araceae<<

Dear Dewey,
Try Xanthosome mafaffa, I believe it is, this may be the plant you are
searching for.  Mafaffa or mafafa may now be a synonym of another species,
so it may be 'hidden' in the literature.
Cheers,
Julius