Re: Anthurium "Circus Peanuts"

I have a plant of A. 'Circus Peanuts' but it is not in the neighborhood of
shaving an inflorescence.  Over the years, mine has been up and down the
scale of doing well and not so...

BTW, at Selby, they call it A. 'Mike's Goliath'.  Tom Croat put the handle
that we use on it...  He said the inflorescence smelled like the little
things that elephants like....  Hot Roasted Peanuts...  (Also reminds me of
sitting at tables in the jungles of Ecuador with beer and peanuts, an
experinece that I had a few times....  lots of fun.{Dave L and Betsy F.
will have this memory also}..)

>Mike Bush while at Selby years back made a cross with ANTHURIUMS dresslerii
>and leucostachyum.  It was never named but subsequently was dubbed "Circus
>Peanuts" because of it's perceived odor.  I would like to know if anyone has
>grown seeds from it as a self.  Because it is hybrid there is the possibility
>it is sterile.  I presently have 4 infructescenses all developing fruit.  I
>am naturally hopeful they are  fertile.  Any comments   Joe

              Your source for Tropical Araceae.
                  You are invited to visit: