Re: ID?

-----Original Message-----
From: Debbie Swartz <deb@touchofthetropics.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Sunday, July 02, 2000 5:30 PM
Subject: ID?

Dear Debbie,

01 seems to me to be a juvinile plant of Syngonium polyphyllum, common as an
escapee all over S. Florida, the leaves on an adult plant will be divided.
I have seen adults in fruit here and there.   02 is a Philodendron sp., as
is 03, someone better qualified than I am will take a stab at an id!
I know of no single book that could serve as a perfect I.D. source, but this
list IS the greatest!   We have access to opinions and I.D.`s from THE best
in the world at I.D.`ing rare and obscure Aroids!   Just post a pic., and
SOMEONE will know something about it!   Come to the Aroid show at Fairchild
Gardens in Sept. and get yourself a new Deni Bown Aroid book, and just SOAK
in the presence of Tom Croat, Peter Boyce, Symon Mayo and Josef Bogner, some
of THE best Aroid researchers in the world!   Ask questions, get plants
I.D.`d, see living Amorphollus titanum and others, IN THE FLESH!  (or
tissue??)

Cheers,

Julius
ju-bo@msn.com
>Could someone please take a gander at the last 3 items on this page for a
few aroid ID's?  I'd be very grateful...

http://www.touchofthetropics.com/aroids.html

Thanks in advance for your help...BTW, is there a particular aroid visual
reference book that is recommended for this purpose?  It seems so many
specimens have made their way into my collection tagless...

-Deb
--
Debbie Swartz (Zone 10 -- Fort Lauderdale)
My tropical plant images (many now available)

Pardon our dust; trying to catalog everything at in one place at...
http://www.touchofthetropics.com