Re: Amorphophallus bulbifer stories

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus bulbifer stories
  • From: Al Wootten <awootten@NRAO.EDU>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:46:28 -0500 (CDT)

I have several A. bulbifer now.  Grandaddy is always late, and I haven't seen
a shoot from him yet.  Plants which were bulbils on Grandaddy four years ago
are not yet up.  The youngest, seedlings year before last, are up.
Bulbils from the last three years are up, at various stages of development.
All but the seedlings spend the winter in a closet greenhouse with my
orchids in their pots; they generally collapse just as winter is coming

I have had no flowers yet...but still hoping this year...

Clear skies,
|Al Wootten, Slacktide, Sturgeon Creek at the Rappahannock|
|Astronomer (http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~awootten/)           |
|personal homepage  http://members.tripod.com/~astral     |
|Deltaville, Virginia              (804)776-6369          |