From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: Caladium bulbs shrinking ?

: Dear Tsuh Yang Chen:
:
: Most of the commercial Caladium bulbs are produced in and
around Sebring
: , Florida & They are all infected with Dasheen Mossaic Virus.
They are
: all propagated from infected stock plants. This virus severely
retards
: the vigor of the infected plants and there is no way for these
plants to
: fully express their full potential.
<saving bandwidth snip>

: Piabinha@aol.com wrote:
: >
: > my previous plant, a small one in a 5" pot, croaked easily
and then never
: > came back, although i expected it to have a tuber...  just
this weekend, i
: > bought a large plant (in a 12" pot) for only $9.95 from a
vendor at jerry
: > barad's picnic.  i'm keeping my fingers crossed...
: >
: > incidentally, why do cultivated Caladium tubers shrink from
year to year?
: > how do they increase in size in the wild then?
: >
: > tsuh yang chen, nyc, USA
:
: