Typhonium violifolium

Just acquired Typhonium violifolium and am observing an interesting growth
habit. Two leaves have emerged. I would describe these leaves as reniform
to orbicular, a little unusual for Araceae in general. But the fascinating
thing about the leaves is thay are both hugging the planting medium. They
are lying flat on top of the medium, and petioles have grown just long
enough to allow the leaves remain flat on the surface.

I have not found a reference to this plant anywhere, except on Tropicos.
Can someone steer me to information, horticultural or otherwise?
Thanks.

Don Burns
Fort Lauderdale FL    USA
Zone 10b