Re: Typhonium violifolium

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Typhonium violifolium
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:52:47 -0500 (CDT)

There is no real horticultural info on it, since it has never been in
cultivation on any relevant scale. The ground-hugging may be real, or the
result of deep potting. My plants do it but often enough they also raise the
leaf-blade well above the surface. You'll be surprised too to find that the
leaf stalks produce bulbils much like Pinellia ternata. The inflorescence of
T. violiifolium is small but has a VERY strong sweet scent, filling a
mega-greenhouse all by its own. Enjoy!!