Pete and Wilbert, thanks for your comments. I now see that the species is
mentioned in Genera of Aracea early on in a discussion of Aroids that grow
tubercles. I have seen the species name spelled violifolium and
violiifolium. Which is correct?

Jim, I don't have an infloresence yet but now I am looking forward to one.
Earlier Pete mentioned he saw the plants growing in Laos. Typhonium is
endemic to SE Asia, tropical SE Asia, India, the SE Asian island countries
and tropical NE Australia. But a number of species are now naturalized in
the tropics of this hemisphere and Africa also.

I'll post a pic for all to see tomorrow. Its really very unimpressive, but
a very curious plant. I mentioned earlier to Dewey that the leaves resemble
those of Centella erecta and Hydrocotyle sp., two very common
ground-hugging vining weeds found here in S. Florida. When I first noticed
growth in the pot with the T. tuber I thought it was a weed. In fact, given
that it produces tubercles it could probably become a weed here.

Don Burns
Fort Lauderdale FL    USA
Zone 10b