Re: Amorphophallus bulbifer stories

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus bulbifer stories
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 11:17:03 -0500 (CDT)

Well, that is a surprise to me. The only species with that clear a
bulbil-formation AND smelling o.k. is Am. yuloensis, but I have never seen
that flower on a long stalk. Honestly, this is a great surprise, since, and
I am repeating myself, both bulbifer and muelleri are bad, bad, bad........
But, possibly, some people perceive the sulphides as "pleasant", like bottle
flies do..........

Cheers,
Lord P. (Richard??? Since when does "Richard" start with a "P.", unless his
bladder was full......?).