Re: selloum any way you can

Hi Derek
Philodendron selloum was reduced to synonomy under P. bipinnatifidum, by Dr Simon
Mayo in his revision of Philodendron subgenus Meconostigma, published in the Kew
Bulletin in the early 90's. Simon is the "guru" of this subgenus which comprises
the "tree trunk self headers" as they are commonly called. He also reduced a few
others to synonomy under this name including, if I recall, P.lundii and
P.mello-barretoanum. So this is the generally accepted revision and it would seem
that calling this plant P.selloum is not valid. But getting all the nurseries to
change - well, good luck!

As for your post on Philodendron "Xanadu", this has been well discussed before in
the list. Suggest you also check the list archives. It is an Australian
hybrid/sport/variety that is claimed to derive from P.bipinnatifidum, but has a
different flower, different foliage and is about one quarter the size! Julius
Boos had some info on this and I'm sure he'll care to comment further. Well
Julius?!
regards
Neil
Neil Crafter