Re: Insecticides

  • Subject: Re: Insecticides
  • From: GeoffAroid@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 09:34:57 -0500 (CDT)

In a message dated 7/7/01 7:32:45 am, dave@dave-aroid.demon.co.uk writes:

<< I bought some Phytoseiulus predators, though there's still probably
residue from the spray. I remember that you are interested in entomology
? Have you tried them ? >>

No, I havent tried them but I am just about too. I have lots of plants in my
flat (= apartment for all those in the US!) where I am more reluctant to go
spraying insecticides around (my flatmates complain.....). So I figure
Phytoseiulus should be the answer. I have a number of commercial growers as
friends so should be able to get a sample from them to try. The thin leaves
of Remusatia in particular seem to be exactly to the red spider's taste!
Anthuriums fortunately dont seem to suffer as much.