Re: Digest list?

Usually I reply directly to these requests but as membership changes over
time it's probably good to periodically publish these commands ...

There are 4 options affecting how posts to Aroid-L are delivered to you.
They are ACK, NOACK, POSTPONE, and DIGEST. ACK means you will receive a
copy of your own posts, NOACK means you will not. POSTPONE is typically
used when you will be unable to check mail for more than a few days and do
not want e-mail to pile up unread - if you set your subscription to
POSTPONE you will not receive any posts from Aroid-L until you change it,
but you will still be subscribed (and therefore still able to send posts
yourself). DIGEST means you will receive Aroid-L as consolidated, largers
files, usually one per day, containing many posts all bundled up together.
The default setting for a new subscriber is NOACK.

To set any of these options, send a note to:

(note this is NOT the same address as for notes to the list)

with the first and only line of text:

where "option" is one of the four options described above.

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001, Floral Artistry wrote:

> Is there some way that I can set this list to digest? I have found this to
> be the easiest method to read my emails. But, I am not familiar with this
> servers availability.

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@arachne.uark.edu