Re: Insecticides

  • Subject: Re: Insecticides
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 22:37:18 -0500 (CDT)

I've seen a Bayer product in the type of bottle described at Lowe's and
Home Depot. I don't know if it's the compound being discussed, but its
described as a once-a-year systemic for trees and shrubs that is watered
BTW: Arundo looks now like 2 variegated corn shoots coming up. When do I
get to move the overhead power lines? I'll be thrilled if I have to!

David Thornton <dave@dave-aroid.demon.co.uk>@mobot.org on 07/07/2001
02:32:31 AM

Please respond to aroid-l@mobot.org

Sent by:  aroid-l@mobot.org

To:   Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>

In message <cd.72d038d.2844c09b@aol.com>, GeoffAroid@aol.com writes
>In a message dated 29/5/01 3:21:28 am, dave@dave-aroid.demon.co.uk writes:
>>should use an organic insecticide based on rape seed oil for the spider
>>mite or a v. expensive product called  IMIDOCLOPRID - loose or in
>The soil mix with imidocloprid is quite hard to find even in the London
>Instead look for a new plant spray called Provado Ultimate Bug Killer
>is a mix of imidocloprid and methiocarb and is the first spray I have ever
>had success with in killing spider mites. It is very effective and
>also. Its brand new so again you may have to search, look for a yellow and
>blue can with blue cap. Hope all is well with you. Its made by Bayer and
>have a website so maybe that will help with distributors: www.bio.uk.co or
>call: 020 8344 6808.
>Best wishes,
>Geoffrey Kibby

Hello Geoffrey.

Thanks for the advice about Provado Ultimate Bug Killer. I had no
trouble finding it at DIY chains. It's been effective against mealy bug
but the spidermite is still a problem.
I bought some Phytoseiulus predators, though there's still probably
residue from the spray. I remember that you are interested in entomology
? Have you tried them ?

David Thornton  Manchester (u.k) zone 8b

                Homepage http://www.dave-aroid.demon.co.uk