FUTURE MEMBERS COMMUNICATION

  • Subject: FUTURE MEMBERS COMMUNICATION
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 01:32:03 -0500 (CDT)

OPEN LETTER TO ALL MEMBERS

The first "Newsletter" for nine months was produced very time consumingly
over three weeks in May.  It was sent by snail and some Members as far apart
as Florida(!) & Wisconsin still hadn't got their hard copies today 7th July.
I have emailed default email copies to all from whom I received requests.

The reactions from some Members have been positive, generous & encouraging.
Others have not been positive.  Some have discouraging, nitpicking & been,
shall we say, politely, unhelpful.

Beside the unpaid "News Editor" you now have the unpaid graphics & digital
artist Jill Bell for your communication.   This is YOUR decision time.

You can either leave the entire content & policy to us to evolve the
publication with your positive feedback after each "issue"

OR

We can wait until there is a consensus so as we can provide something of
which each of you want, some or all of the time....

The next "Newsletter" or as I called 23(1) the "World Member Dialogue" will
contain mostly as I understand it all the details of the IAS Annual Meeting
in Miami and the residual space will contain a limited range of wider
material.  We will soon have the information available to begin the three or
more week period of production.  It therefore seems likely that Members will
get 23(2) by snail mail at the end of August or the beginning of September.
As noted in 23(1) the Annual Meeting is on 22nd & 23rd.  Except by
interaction through the Public Arena of Aroid L, a snail 2001 (2) "News"
cannot be interactive, nor can it be in colour.

I refer you to consider most positively the World Society Membership
implications of my 23(2) Editorial.  Next week I will be requesting posting
of Member responses to that Editorial.  We will need on-line feedback of as
many Members as possible whether or not they are directly on line.

My position is clear.  I would like to see the IAS Members communication
towards monthly, in colour, supported by consequently enriched interactive
Members' Website, regionally ("Chapter") downloaded for non-on-line Members
with minimum snail mail for those who do not have Member Friends on line or
local cost & time effective "Internet Cafe Book Shops".

For the next pre Annual Meeting News if you or your Member friends want
earlier copy of 23(2) by email then please email Aroid L with the following
message:

"Please send News 2001(2) to me directly by email immediately it is
available", adding your Member name & email address

If most are willing to make the effort I will burn the midnight oil and do
my best to get the Publication to you by email by the first week in August.
It will be in colour etc.  All those who do not instruct me to email will
receive their Publication two to four weeks later in black & white.   I hope
that the IAS will more & more evolve into a great International Society
justifying the potential of its fine parochial origins.   We need the
co-operation, generosity & public spiritedness of all Members to make this
phase really successful.   And as a result that the AGM & Show will be most
successful as always.

Ron Iles World Member