Re: Names and Philo Santa Leopoldina

  • Subject: Re: Names and Philo Santa Leopoldina
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 10:35:10 -0500 (CDT)

Dr. Monroe Birdsey could never understand the fuss over this plant and
insisted that he had the same plant as the Santa leopoldina growing on
the trees in his back yard. However, I suspect it was the common form
that you are describing that he had in his trees.

However, there is a piece of the Philo. Santa Leopoldina from the Betty
Waterbury collection coming up on the online Auction. This is the same
one that Tricia Frank has in her collection. It did not go cheap last
year. So if you want this piece be prepared to spend big bucks.

Denis at Silver Krome Gardens
Homestead Florida