Names and Philo Santa Leopoldina

  • Subject: Names and Philo Santa Leopoldina
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:54:21 -0500 (CDT)

OK well I know this plants or should I say plants have been one of the most
messed up name problem I have ever seen. Now is their any botanical names
for them? I know their are about 3 to 5 plants being sold under Santa
Leopoldina. But every time I have bought one its all been the same plant.
Which is a smaller leaf form that is red underside and a green to light blue
leaf. I have seen Tricia franks plant with the beautiful long narrow leafs.
Also in California I visited Dicks and Ralph's they had two-forms the common
one and the one that is Pictured in the book Tropica. Now has anyone ever
cleared up this mess? How in the world did it get so bad did everyone start
naming long leafed philos Santa Leopoldina. I don't think burle marx would
name 5 plants all the same name I don't think he would? Finally if their is
an answer to the names I would love to hear it. Thanks