Need Anthurium anatomy lesson

  • Subject: Need Anthurium anatomy lesson
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@execpc.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 17:34:00 -0500 (CDT)

Here is a link to a photo of the spadix of my flowering Anthurium clarinervium:
http://www.execpc.com/~llmen/aclar2.jpg

I realize that this species is supposed to apomictic, but could
someone give me a brief anatomy lesson here?   I can visualize white
bumps (A), yellowish bumps (B), and brownish bumps (C).  I imagine
that some of these are male flowers, but are these all male, in
varying degrees of maturation?  Are the male and female flowers
distributed evenly along the spadix?

Thanks,

--
Don Martinson