IAS vs World Aroid Society

  • Subject: IAS vs World Aroid Society
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:06:35 -0500 (CDT)

>It seems that the euphemism that Ron used, the "World
>Aroid Club" was received as a threat to many of you
>while I understood it to be just a name for where the
>IAS should be headed.  No one wants to change the NAME
>of the I.A.S., just it's approach to global outreach.

I can't understand what all the fuss is about?  The IAS stands for the
International Aroid Society doesn't it?  International implies World?

Why change name/refer to it differently when we're already talking about
the same thing?  If it was a National Aroid Society then it would be one
country, but the International means it breaks national borders.

My 2 cents worth (although with the current Australian currency...... based
from the US that is only my 1 cent worth <grin>)

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Crocus, Cyrtanthus,
Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything else that
doesn't move!!!!!