pics

  • Subject: pics
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:43:28 -0500 (CDT)

Hello! I thought I would make it known I added yet another gallery 9 to my
website. If anyone can help with unnamed plants on the site let me know.

   Also I would like to see PICS of plants in the wild if anyone has any. I
have only seen a few manly from DR Croats books and Aroideana. Is their any
from people who have take trips to the jungle and have PICS to show I would
love to see them. I wish more people would share these. I hope to someday go
to south America and collect. Would love to see what its like from the PICS.
Not to mention how the plants I collect actually look in the wild and were
they would be growing naturally.

    I think we should have space on the IAS website for people to show PICS
that do not have a website. Maybe a few PICS can be sent in a posted
monthly? Just a thought. I know adding to the website is sometimes a big
job. But their are a lot of thinks that could be done. I think an auction
regularly would be cool. This could raise money for the society as well as
offer unusual plants to everyone. Of course someone would have to have extra
time to mess with this. I also think that people interested in Instant
messaging should make it known. I enjoy talking to others about trades as
well as plants on the IM. This is a great way to communicate with other
aroiders that should be used. I believe you can communicate well in aroid-L
but on the IM you can talk directly to each other instantly. I have made
friends with people this way that I would probably never have talked to
before. THANKS