Re: Lime and pine nuggets

  • Subject: Re: Lime and pine nuggets
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:44:19 -0500 (CDT)

Is any one adding sulfur to the mix or any other rot protection? Also I have
been adding tons of bulb food to my amorph and Alocasia mix. This is the
stuff with blood and bone mill and other trace elements anyone else adding
this to the soil mixes? Anyone know how well it works with them?
My Alocasia mix for now is

2 bags 3 cubic ft of powdered spaghnum
1/2 a 3 cubic bag of manurer
about 6 shovel full of perlite
3 shovel fools of lime dust
half a bag of bulb food this is about 2 shovel full worth.
Also I have been adding mulch to the bottom of the pots this soil is very
lose and drains out the bottom after a good water. The mulch helps drainage
also keeps the soil in the pot.
If anyone has any other ideas would love to hear. Also would adding the
sulfur to this mix help stop rot?