Re: Warning!!!!!

  • Subject: Re: Warning!!!!!
  • From: StellrJ@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 14:57:43 -0500 (CDT)

In a message dated Fri, 27 Jul 2001  2:23:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au> writes:

ANYONE who is caught in a sting operation is thrown into
> jail first, then has everything sorted out.

Okay.  Let's suppose you, a law-abiding citizen, happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and get caught in a sting.  You wind up in jail.  Then what?  Maybe you stay there awhile until they set bail, then you have to pay exhorbitant amounts of money to get out, even though you did nothing wrong.  Or, perhaps there is no bail, and you must wait in jail until the case goes to trial.  By the time you are acquitted, you have lost a number of days from your life, and perhaps money you could ill-afford.  Do you get any of it back?  If not, then no justice was done.  I say, if they ever jail me for something I did not do, then they must return to me the days I spent in jail!  Otherwise they are thieves -- they have stolen a portion of my life!

Jason Hernandez