Re: Titanum Leaf Cuttings and yellow fungus

  • Subject: Re: Titanum Leaf Cuttings and yellow fungus
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:00:22 -0500 (CDT)

One of my earliest horticultural triumphs, and source of great entertaining
amazement, was alongside the first orchid I ever flowered, a Paphiopedilum
hainanense (labeled as appletonium) in a "globe" terrarium at home when I
was 11 -  an extremely large bright sulfur-yellow Amanita-Death Angel-type
mushroom. Didn't see any others after that, and the orchid lived many more
years.
Bonaventure Magrys
Cliffwood Beach, NJ
USA