Re: Titanum Leaf Cuttings and yellow fungus

  • Subject: Re: Titanum Leaf Cuttings and yellow fungus
  • From: GeoffAroid@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 18:02:08 -0500 (CDT)

In a message dated 7/3/02 19:21:04, hetter@worldonline.nl writes:

<< It is a slime mould that puts up
truss-like brown "fruiting bodies" that give of spores in large brown dusty
clouds. >>

Hmm....truss-like? Is that the same as club-like? A truss for me is something
very different. I would have to see one to give you a name, there are just
too many similar species and genera out there but it sounds like a Stemonitis
species.....once again harmless. Slime molds feed mainly on bacteria.

Best wishes,