Re: FW: Anthurium sp. 'purple leaves'.

  • Subject: Re: FW: Anthurium sp. 'purple leaves'.
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 13:42:48 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: FW: Letters/suggestions on the award.

Tom may I remind you to look for A. rafaelense?   Joe <<

Dear Joe,  Tom and Friends,

I saw for the first time blooms on that 'commercial' var. or sp. of Anthurium that I first saw for sale at K-Mart about 4 years ago, the one w/ cordate leaves that never change color from purple to green,( the color purple of some Anthurium sp. leaves when they first emerge, but 'normally' then change to green)   Do you know the one I`m speaking about??   Well the damn thing has BEAUTIFUL, large cupped, elongate light pink spathes!   I somehow had anticipated an insipid looking bloom perhaps like the hybrid cultivar 'Lazarus' that I have seen, with a thin, purplish/colorless spathe, but no, this plant is spectacular in bloom!    Any idea of its parentage or if it is a species???

Julius