Philo. solimoesense A. C. Smith

  • Subject: Philo. solimoesense A. C. Smith
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 16:06:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all Friends and Aroid lovers,

Here is the deal!   You may have read (on these lists) that a couple years
ago we made a collecting trip to Fr. Guyana, and that amongst our
collections were seeds of a Philodendron sp. that is seldom seen in
cultivation, namely P. solimoesense.   It is a 'self header' belonging to
the subgenus  Meconostigma, and is a large, very attractive densely leafed
plant with elongate sagittate leaf blades.   Now my friend who has grown
some magnificent plants of this scarce Philodendron species has made a most
generous offer by making 20 of these plants available to anyone (collectors
here is your chance!) who would like them at our Sept. show and sale in
Miami.   They are large plants in 7 gal. pots, but can presumably un-potted,
the soil removed, then packed and transported home!   Since they all have a
very well developed stem/rhizome/'trunk' there should be 100% survival after
re-potting.   The cost shall be only $20.00 per plant, and they will not be
at Fairchild Gardens ( except for one 'sample' plant) , but close by.    I
already have orders for four of these desirable plants, so I urge anyone who
plans to attend our Sept, show and  sale to contact me now to reserve one or
more of these plants.    The proceeds will be used to help finance the
expenses of the Monroe Birdsey Award winner during his stay in the U.S.A.,
so help a very good Aroid cause and improve your aroid collection of rare
species at the same time!

Julius Boos
 ju-bo@msn.com