Monstera bloom and eating.

  • Subject: Monstera bloom and eating.
  • From: <mburack@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:10:45 -0500 (CDT)

Well-

I have grown Monstera deliciosa in my landscaping for a couple of years now
and it hasnt ever bloomed.

Finally there are many inflors opening.

All I can say is "YIKES"!!!! I thought only Amorphophallus made gigantic
infloresences!!!  Those things are BIG! and the spathe feels like it is made
out of cast iron!

Does anyone know (Julius?) how you go about eating the so-called "breadfruit"?
 I would like to give it a try, but at the same time I have no desire to
poison myself :)))) !

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Marc